Sunday, July 19, 2009

Red Pepper Jelly



Hi all,



A gruelling work week.



However, it's not all drudgery......



I made some hot red pepper jelly and it's such a wonderful colour I just have to share. If you can't taste it, at least you can see it.

I didn't take any shots of the process until the jarring up was over. But you can see the baby jars in the mother ship, er pot, and you can see the sunshiny glow of newly-born preserves.
(Have I mentioned that I am a nearly-empty nester and have the urge to turn everything into mother-child analogies?)






Happy Birthday little jelly jars!



4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yum, Kathryn! Now all you need is crackers and cream cheese!

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Yummy!! And how fun to make your own!!

Deb said...

I'm coming over.....but if I don't make it before it's all gone, can I have the recipe???

Christine said...

Looks delicious Kathryn