Sunday, May 10, 2009

HMD



Happy Mother's Day!

Dave made his version of eggs Benedict for the two of us. Pretty yummy!

Poached eggs on bacon on multi grain bagels. Topped with his own Hollandaise sauce - he made the hollandaise himself and added a splash of white wine and some dried mustard.

He never makes a recipe just "as is" - he always embellishes.

Now we're doing the usual Sunday stuff - housework, chores, etc. There's always so much to do around here that there doesn't seem to be lot of time for pure relaxation. I'll try to get some time to stitch and veg out at some point.

Won't get to see my daughter today - she's working, and I know my son hasn't planned anything for mother's day: he's an 18-year-old male!

Still, I'm so happy to have been able to have kids of my own to raise and love. It's been at least 95% wonderful, and definitely 100% interesting!

Kathryn : )

No comments: