Saturday, May 16, 2009

A bit of spring colour

Hi there,
Just a few photos of a couple of signs of spring. Nothing like some of my friends with warmer climates or sunnier yards, but still very pretty. Except for the snail. Yech.

Thick petals of what some call Magnolia and others call Tulip Tree. Love the pink!
Looks like Mr. Snail needs to power wash his shell. I don't like snails, but I've got to admire his spiral house.
This is Siberian Bugloss. Does well in shade. Thank goodness.


Finally, one of my favourites, Bleeding Hearts, or Dutchman's Breeches, or Dicentra...or whatever you want to call it. Another shade-lover.

Not much else in my very shady garden, except weeds. So I'll leave it at that for now.

Kathryn :)

2 comments:

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Pretty!

Von said...

Shade gardening does have its challenges, but you seem to be doing quite well, Kathryn! I adore that little Siberian blue thing. :D