Saturday, April 11, 2009

Alone at Easter

This Easter Weekend finds me alone without my home family for the first time in my life.
Daughter is in Mexico, and husband and son are camping. Tall house guest is away too.
(I'll explain about tall house guest in another post).

I had to go to the post office, and there, beside it was the grocery store. Beckoning to me with it's quarter-eating buggies, muzak, and the heady sound of checkout beeps. Hmmm......maybe I'll get myself a treat......


Emerged an hour later and $247.00 lighter with a number of items. Among them:


Canada Dry Green Tea Ginger Ale (sweet nectar of goodness and bubbles - half gone because I couldn't help myself).










Marinated Artichoke hearts. I love these and they love me back because they are HEARTS! They, too, are half gone because I made myself a pasta dish for supper. Drool. I heart hearts.

Maple Fudge. I love you Maple Fudge. You are all for me and I am all for you. Like Tom and Renee: We complete each other. I am perfect except for lack of fudge, and fudge is perfect except for lack of me.
Later tonight, when the blinds are drawn, the fireplace hissing romantically, the lights down low.....the two shall become one. The fudge and I will join together and let no one tear us asunder. Oh, fudgie baby!

(Did you notice the expiry date on the fudge? July? This fudge will not even get to see tomorrow, never mind July!)


Ahem! Before the fudge and I go on our mutual voyage of self discovery later this evening, I am first having my parents over for one more thing I bought:

Easter Cake !
Excuse the misty plastic covering. It was in the fridge.


After mom and dad leave, then the fudge and I will ..... Set the Night on Fire!
Being alone for Easter is a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Happy Easter weekend everyone!
Kathryn : )

6 comments:

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Happy Easter to you too, Kathryn!! Gosh, too bad we don't live closer...you could be my human shield when I take Frank and Peter to my Mom and Dad's!! Just hope my Dad and Frank behave...lol...a very weak lol...I hope there's wine.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very healthy evening -- you're eating something green (green tea), something from the heart (or for the heart),something from the plant part of the food guide (maple) and I think there a carrot, no a kiwi, wait, maybe a sugar flower on your Easter Cake. One question, what else did you buy?
AAnn

Kathryn said...

Jacquie, For your sake I hope there's wine too!

AAnn - It might be shorter if I listed what I did NOT buy....heh heh heh.
I really did spend $247. I shopped with Tall House Guest in mind....and of course toilet paper was on sale....and I bought something called Smoked Paprika...

Christine said...

Hi Kathryn, I hope you and the fudge will be very happy together and that Colin Firth doesn't get too jealous about this new rival for his affections ;)

Anonymous said...

Kathryn

Maple fudge- I love maple syrup flavoured things. Sometimes it is nice to have time to yourself too!
}}}}}}hugs{{{{{
love
Clare

Von said...

I'm finally dropping by for a visit, gleeful that your wit and wisdom are being shared with all the internets!

Green tea ginger ale is fascinating to me; you must promise me that we'll make a stop on our way to Victoria so I can get some. As for the rest of your goodies, they're tempting but I'm slowly backing away. :)