Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hi there!

I've been away for a few days, and then super busy at work.

I will eventually post pictures of my stitching progress etc from the stitching holiday, but for now I'll continue with the mind-numbing photos of motorcycle parts we have for sale here. Remember this is my husband's SABLE (Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy).

When the last part is sold we can retire. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha....hysterical laughter dissolving into tears... (partly because he keeps buying more)

Here goes:
Come on in and take a seat. Please! Take a seat, or 2 or 12....
These are forks. Not the dessert kind, unfortunately. Not the interesting fork in the road, either.
They go on each side of the front wheel. Important for steering and suspension. Heavy and greasy.
These are other parts. I know the names of all of them, but just don't feel like telling you now. Really! We ship this stuff all over the place, dirt included. Just another value-added service we offer....Canadian dirt on Canadian parts. Will someone please come over here and buy all this stuff? Please? Or take me away from it all?Here are some very interesting....parts. Engine parts, I think. Clutch baskets, thing-a-ma-bobs, and dooflingers. Sorry for all the technical jargon. Please try to keep up.
Why, here's a pretty sight! Many colourful Rubbermaid bins! Bins full of....motorcycle parts. We should buy shares at Rubbermaid. We buy so many bins, I'm sure we've put all their kids through school. This is one of the prettier aisles upstairs. Pretty is a relative term.
And here we have a shot of the rafters. Some people think that rafters are for holding up the roof. My husband thinks that rafters are for parts storage. What a guy!
This is one of the not-so-pretty aisles. This is a place for tripping and swearing. Hunting and crying. This is an aisle of mess and shame. This aisle did not get cleaned up this winter and will now be a source of trouble this summer. This is one of many aisles in similar condition. I just want all of you to see what I'm dealing with here. Try to wrap your minds around my situation. Have a good stiff drink or some chocolate if that helps.


This is one of the more manageable areas. It's near my desk. I can find things here, and they're not so dirty. Brake pads, brake shoes, fork seals and sprockets. Etcetera. When I'm in this aisle I feel almost sane. Almost.

And then, just when I'm feeling sane, I decide to use the bathroom.

What greets me this time? Someone's dirty lunch dishes, a filthy emergency eye-wash bottle, and an air filter drying itself jauntily on the faucet.

This is one of the good days.......

Next post....something pretty and needlework related, I promise!

Kathryn : )































































5 comments:

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Well, for the most part, it looks like an organized mess!! I can't wait to see your Victoria Sampler pixs though...I have to live through you until I can be there myself someday!!

Christine said...

Well, personally I don't see the point of a shop that doesn't sell shoes or chocolate or preferably both ;D

Kathryn said...

Or books or stitching supplies...
Tell me about it!
Kathyn : )

Von said...

Thanks for the walk-thru of your shop! On this tour I did not bruise my shins on boxes or bump my head on an upper level Rubbermaid box. :D I now have a new appreciation for what you're doing and how much help you've been for Dave.

Deb said...

This is hilarious! Especially the bathroom shot.
I am totally impressed by the inventory and think STABLE is the best acronym I've heard for a while.